Map Time Table
The Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
Dear parents and students,
Please be informed that the students will take the Map test for Grades 8, 9, and 10 on the period from 25thtill 29th of November 2018, and it will be conducted in two subjects (English and Math).
The students will have the test twice a year at the beginning and the end of the year (fall and spring).
The MAP is a computerized adaptive testing system which is purchased by the school for the students to take the test online.
The MAP test is only choices but the student has to answer all the questions given, he/she can’t skip any question and he/she has to make sure of the answers before he/she press the next button because there is no back button so he/she can’t change the answer after that. The student doesn’t have to answer all the questions correctly but he/she has to bring his/her personnel best to the exam. Each student will have his own exam depending on his/her answers, if the student answers the question correctly, the next question will be harder otherwise the next question will be easier so each student will have a different test according to his/her responses to each test questions.
The MAP test is designed to measure the growth in student learning for individual students, classrooms, and schools. The test provides accurate and immediate scores to help students evaluating themselves through a comparison between the tests.
By working together, we can make your child’s test experience positive and successful. In this case we request your full cooperation on the above issue. Here are some tips which can help your child to succeed:
- Make sure your child gets a good night rest
- Make sure your child is present at school during the scheduled test date
- Make sure your child treats that test seriously and with full responsibility
- Encourage your child to do their best
- MAP test is a type of exams that will pave student’s way of success in the New SAT exam. As per the new protocol, the MAP exam is considered to affect GPA scores. Any failure to succeed on the exam will automatically prevent the student to be allowed to pass to the next grade.
- Students’ attendance is obligatory.
- Students will attend from 25/11/2018 till 29/11/2018
- Students will pay 30 US$ for the test if they didn’t attend.